glowing skin facial massage
Many benefits can result from lymphatic drainage before and after surgery. Manual Lymphatic Drainage seems to promote tissue regeneration, reducing the formation and severity of scars. Treatment postoperative can begin as soon as 24 hrs after surgery but always check with your surgeon first. Pre surgery 1-3 sessions; Post surgery 2-12 sessions.
What Are The Benefits Pre Surgical?
- Preparation of tissues for surgery
- Reduces swelling if swelling evident before surgery
- Stimulates immune response
- Decreases the opportunity for infection post surgery
- Decreases post surgery swelling
What Are The Benefits of Post Surgical Lymphatic Drainage?
- Reduces swelling
- Reduces pain
- Removes cellular debris (i.e. dead blood cells from tissues)
- Reverses build-up of toxins secondary to effects of post-op medication
- Stimulates fluid circulation
- Aids in reduction of healing time
- Improves skin regeneration and wound healing
- Speeds up healing process
To schedule an appointment, discuss a treatment plan or learn more about how pre and post surgical lymphatic drainage benefits can improve your quality of life call the Lymphatic Drainage Specialists of Suffolk County: 631-375-0962
Complete the form below for additional information on any of our services.
Lymphatic Drainage after Liposuction, Smart-lipo or other Cosmetic Surgery
Lymphatic Drainage after liposuction, Smart-lipo, or other procedures such as the fat injections for the Brazilian Butt Lift will help reduce or prevent hardness or lumpiness to the areas treated. Post surgical lymph edema is caused by inflammation and trauma from the cannula (the instrument that sucks out the fat), moving under the skin. Channels are formed by the cannula that can fill up with fluid and the tissue also becomes swollen. Manual Lymphatic Drainage helps to move the fluid by gently pumping it back into the lymph vessels. Without Manual Lymphatic Drainage the inflammation can evolve into fibrosis (permanent hardening of the tissue) or a seroma (pocket of serum) can form. Manual Lymphatic Drainage will help patients get the best possible results. Manual Lymphatic Drainage therapy reduces healing time for bruises by cleansing the intercellular spaces where old blood cells and waste products accumulate.
POST SURGICAL LYMPHATIC DRAINAGE