glowing skin facial massage
15 Unique Ways to Use a Shot Glass with Essential Oils
1. Try an allergy “shot” with a couple drops each of lavender, lemon, and peppermint diluted in water.
2. Mix up your own mouthwash by adding 1 drop of peppermint, melaleuca, lemon, orange, cinnamon bark, or an antibacterial blend to water. Gargle, and spit.
3. When you feel like you are getting sick or getting a sore throat, try taking a “shot” with a drop of oregano diluted in water. Gargle, and swallow.
4. Fill the shot glass with your daily vitamins and supplements the night before so you will remember them in the morning.
5. If you have a cough, try adding a drop each of lemon, orange, frankincense, and peppermint to a little bit of honey. Mix with a spoon, and eat.
6. Try a detox “shot” by adding a drop of lemon to a little water.
7. Don’t like taking your omega 3 fish oil? Make it a game with another family member, and see who can down their small glass of fish oil the fastest!
8. Make your own massage blend by putting your carrier oil in the shot glass; then drop essential oils in, and mix. Pour a little bit at a time on area to massage.
9. Clean your toothbrush at night by setting the brush in a solution of hydrogen peroxide and a drop of lemon oil or an antibacterial blend in the shot glass.
10. Want to add oils to your bath? Fill your shot glass with Epsom salt, and drop a few drops of your desired oil(s) in. Try a relaxing bath by adding lavender or an energizing bath by adding citrus oils. After you have your Epsom salt and oil mixture, place the shot glass under the bathtub faucet, and let the running water mix it into the filling bathtub.
11. Make a mini reed diffuser by filling the shot glass 3/4 of the way full with jojoba oil and 5-10 drops of essential oil. Place rattan reeds (cut to 4–5″ tall) in the oil mixture. After a few hours, the reeds will suck up the oil and disperse the scent into the air.
12. Mix up your own furniture polish by putting a little olive oil in the shot glass and adding a few drops of lemon essential oil. Dip a rag in the mixture, and polish away!
13. Have you heard of oil pulling? Shot glasses are the perfect size for mixing a little coconut oil and essential oils to swish in your mouth! Just swish for 15–20 minutes, and then spit into the garbage.
14. Have an upset stomach, heartburn, or motion sickness? Try taking a “shot” of water with a drop of ginger, peppermint, or a digestive blend.
15. Kids love these glasses because they are miniature and fun! If your child won’t take a capsule with essential oils, just add a drop of oil to water in the shot glass, and make it a game to drink it fast.
Do you have other ideas for how to use a shot glass with essential oils? If so, please comment below!